Saturday 7 December 2013

Stencil Cut out - Final editing and version on a magazine cover mock up

First i changed the colours used so i was using a triadic colour scheme, these worked well together  making the portrait look less boring.


Then, by using a brush i splattered some ink onto paper and made it run so i could add more interesting parts to the cover. I scanned these in and using the magic wand tool changed the colours, i also locked a white background to help make the spray visible. I still used the same colours to help coordinate with the cover.


Also using ink i painted my own magazine name and then scanned then in. I then edited it like i did with the stencils to create that crisp line. I kept it black so that it would be easy to distinguish. I then also added in a slightly serifed font to help contrast with the stencil sprays, and by placing over the portrait, the proximity helps suggest a link between both.


I then started to finalise my cover, adding in cover lines to the magazine and little bits for Liam himself. I also  added in the magazines issue number, price and barcode to help see what the magazine would look like if it was professionally done.


Here is my final version of the stencil spray magazine mock up, helping me see whether this technique would convey the right type of message for the audience.


No comments:

Post a Comment